Olivia’s Bears 2nd Annual Golf Event
Olivia’s Bears was excited to host our second annual golf tournament on September 11th, 2021 at Willowbrook Golf Course in Lockport. This was a fundraising event to support Olivia’s Bears whose charter is to deliver teddy bears to children in Western New York who struggle with medical conditions. Since our inception in 2009, we have been able to deliver over five hundred themed Build-a-Bears to children who are in the hospital. As we have grown, we continue to expand on the things we can do that align with our mission. Just this past year, Olivia’s Bears has:
- Awarded three Olivia’s Bears – Jessica Stone Memorial Scholarships
- Donated toys and gaming systems to the oncology unit at Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Delivered chocolates to our essential workers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Donated Buzzy’s for patients to take home with them to help with treatments
- Donated six months worth of parking passes for families to use at Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Donated plastic storage units, Keurig coffee makers, two dryers, and an air hockey table for the oncology/hematology patients and their families at Oishei Children’s Hospital
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our second golf tournament. Many people came out to support us through golf teams, basket donations, and sponsorships which made this event such a success. We would like to specifically thank ACE Elevators, our tournament sponsor this year. We were able to raise approximately $17,000 at the event, which would not be possible without the generosity and support from our friends, family, and the local business community. This fundraising effort will allow us to expand our reach in the community and we will continue to post updates when we make new deliveries and start new projects.
Olivia’s Bears 1st Annual Golf Event
Olivia’s Bears hosted our first ever golf tournament on September 26th, 2020 at Willowbrook Golf Course in Lockport.